Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Day Two

Today I got to use the device again, this time to take my daughter to school. She's in her early teens. I think it is important to be honest with your children, and told her what it was, and what it was for. As I got my DUI a long time ago, she didn't know about it previously, but was very open and accepting to why it was there, and life went on. Again, important, don't make things up, just be honest, it just seems to work better. I explained I made a mistake and this was one of the punishments for my mistake. Our conversation moved onto the school day, and that was that. No fuss.

I will say, the more I think about the device and what it does, the more I read, I am a little disheartened at what a violation really is. My kids all play sports for school, if I take them to practice, is that a violation? My RDP allows for education for my kids, and for a work permit. There is a really grey area on the education portion in the actual IL law. Also, my device has a GPS and a camera on it. I know what the camera is for, but what exactly is the GPS tracking? How is it used? I couldn't find anything relating to how the GPS unit can or could be used against me in IL law. My work requires I drive all over, I'm on 24 hour call at my job, am I going to have to fill out a violation explanation form every time I go somewhere that isn't my main business address? Only time will tell. The device is still distracting while driving, but no WARN/FAIL issues yet, hopefully that remains the course and the unit continues to operate as it should.

No comments:

Post a Comment