Wednesday, February 15, 2017

The end

Well, the end finally has come and gone. This journey was mostly just written with some details on what some others of you might go through, if you end up putting yourself in a bad situation. From October, last post, until now, I submitted my paperwork for another face to face hearing, got together with my lawyer, which is highly recommended you get one, and had my hearing. After a few weeks, I got the letter I was both hopeful for and dreading, and thankfully, it was a full reinstatement! I've had no problems with my Simple Interlock device in that time frame, worked like a charm, followed all the rules, made SURE I was following the speed limits, traffic signs, etc. You'd be surprised how much more in-tune you are to your surroundings and traffic signs when the paperwork tells you "No Violations, period." Yes, that includes a speeding ticket, or rolling through a stop sign, or making a right turn when it's no turn on red. Be careful out there, your independence counts on it! From the day that I got my paperwork to having my license in hand was just one day. I was very happy to find out I could pay my fines at the local Secretary of State, and with proper insurance was immediately issued a temporary license while the main SoS printed and sent my new one. Just a note, if you time things right and you get into the SoS, pay your fines, have an approval letter, and get everything taken care of within a year of your last driving test for relief, you don't have to take the driving test again. Kind of nice, but I of course was very interested in moving forward safely, and putting this behind me. I can't stress enough if you are revoked, to hire a lawyer. It made the entire process that much less worrisome. If you get a good one, they will help in a major way to review your case and make sure you've done things properly. The SoS in Illinois are experts at seeing through BS, so I caution you not to lie to them. It's much better to admit the truth which may make you sound bad, than to try to lie your way through it. Good luck to anyone who has read this blog, and was looking for help. I know it's stressful, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel if you're dedicated to making the right choices, and hard work. Don't Drink and Drive!

No comments:

Post a Comment