Saturday, September 3, 2016

Not too much going on

It has been awhile since I've posted an update. Not a lot more to report, as my BAIID time has been going fairly well. I did have a problem with my device in August. The head on the device kept resetting depending on how you held it. It didn't cause a problem or a failure, but I called Simple Interlock and asked them for options. The agreed upon option was to tape the cord in the direction that keeps it fixed with Electrical tape. Worked OK for the month of August, and the curly cord was replaced on my Sept 1st appointment. Disaster averted -- last thing I wanted was a 5500lb vehicle 'stuck' 20 miles from my closest service center, that tow bill would've been a blast, not. All in all, still working through my time. It's still an inconvenience but hey, I did the crime, time to do the time. Things could be a lot worse than dealing with an Interlock. I consider myself very fortunate that I've been given another chance.

4 comments:

  1. Just got mine installed today. Have you had any issues with the device asking for a rolling restart when you've already turned off the car and are completed out? The tech told me the device can stay on for up to 7 minutes after the car is off, so to avoid any accidental violations, that I needed to wait in the car until the device turned off. Curious what your experience has been. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the slow response. No, mine does not do that. As soon as I shut the car off, the display starts a 2 minute 'Restart' countdown. However, I've pulled into the driveway a few times when a rolling restart hits, you can't just shut the car off and walk away, you have to blow normally, wait for it to pass, and then you can shut your car off.

    If you're using the same model as I am, something seems wrong if it's making you wait in the car for a few minutes after you turn off the ignition. I have never had that happen in the last 8ish months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm wondering if the tech installed yours wrong. It should detect the ignition being turned off and show just the 2:00 min restart period..

    ReplyDelete